No announcement yet.

HELP need a HOB 50gallon filter!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: HELP need a HOB 50gallon filter!!!!

Hey Guys please I really need help. My filter just gave out and I'm looking for a quick fix does anyone have a HOB filter for a 55 gallon or more. Hopefully for free or a really really cheap price. I need it today my fish are in buckets.

HELP need a HOB 50gallon filter!!!!

Why are they in buckets? If they were still in the tank then they would have 50 gallons of water to foul before there's an issue. If one dies in a bucket you will likely lose the whole bucket. Really the key is surface agitation so they can get oxygen. Get bubblers on the buckets. If you have an airpump you can use a sponge filter. They're about 8 bucks at haw. Makes a great backup filter for cases like this.
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

One other thing that will help is make sure they're in the dark. It will keep them calmer which results in less oxygen used up.
      135 gal Fahaka Puffer
      150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
      185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Originally posted by BeefyG View Post
        Why are they in buckets? If they were still in the tank then they would have 50 gallons of water to foul before there's an issue. If one dies in a bucket you will likely lose the whole bucket. Really the key is surface agitation so they can get oxygen. Get bubblers on the buckets. If you have an airpump you can use a sponge filter. They're about 8 bucks at haw. Makes a great backup filter for cases like this.
        +1
        I would put the fish back into the 55 gallon tank and add a air stone until I found a filter . Even better ....take the bio media out of the broken filter and just drop it into the tank along with adding the air stone and pump . I did this during Hurricane Ike in which I was without electricity for 13 days . I didn't lose any fish in the tank .

Comment

Working...
        X